Online Teaching for Educators: Development and Delivery
Skills Covered: Online Course Development, Online Course Planning, Online Course Implementation, Learning Tools, Designing Online Course, Online Teaching, Online Effective Learning, Distance Education Methodologies, Assessment for Online Courses
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Online education has been growing and evolving for some time. COVID-19 has accelerated this shift, along with increasing recognition of the benefits of distributed learning, such as flexibility, accessibility, and scale.
And yet globally, instructors and administrators continue to grapple with the transition to teaching online. Navigating the online environment can be daunting and difficult to do well, especially while catering to a variety of student needs. Many of us feel overwhelmed and ill-equipped to plan and create high-quality, effective online course content that maximizes student engagement.
Designed for educators and administrators, this hands-on professional certificate program will help you harness and evaluate technology, and effectively plan, develop, implement and deliver engaging and enduring online programs. You will gain the knowledge to assess and implement pedagogical technologies, and contribute to strategic decisions around online course design, teaching and learning.
Course One is directed at administrators and educational leaders required to make decisions around digital learning technologies and frameworks, including assessing learning management systems (LMS) and tools for creating both synchronous and asynchronous course materials. Courses Two and Three focus on content development,effective teaching and instructional design, equipping you to produce and deliver interactive learning experiences that boost student success. These courses contain specific resources and learning activities tailored to primary, secondary and adult/higher education.
Taught by Dr. Donna Bonassisa, an online education expert with international experience in primary, secondary, adult and cultural education, this program offers a unique intercultural perspective. Through online discussion, become a part of a vibrant community of educators worldwide.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Identify, appraise and implement learning management tools and systems;
- Determine key development considerations, and formulate a strategic plan for launching an online course or program;
- Evaluate and adopt educational technologies, and apply instructional design principles and methodology;
- Create engaging content and an effective course structure and experience that aligns with online course development best practice.
- Explore how to foster supportive and enriching virtual teaching and learning environments;
- Learn how to teach effectively in online and blended formats to achieve student learning objectives.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.