Internationalization and Localization
Skills Covered: Internationalization, Localization, Localization Methods, Outsourcing, Content Development Models, Text Encoding, Digital Content, Creating Digital Content, Adapting Digital Content to Local Markets, Managing Localization, Translation Tools, Digital Products, Machine Translation, Cost Management, Schedule Management, Quality Assurance, Digital Marketing
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
How do you make sure the international audience for a software product has the best user experience possible? How do you adjust your digital marketing efforts to the peculiarities of the target audience in each market? And how do you tailor the end-to-end customer experience in a market-specific way, from pre-sales to product use to help support?
This program will teach you all that is needed to release a digital product internationally, to a global audience spread across many different local markets.
You will learn about internationalization, the preparation of software, services or websites for a release beyond its source locale. Internationalization includes the enablement of regional formats and proper encoding, as well as meeting a range of other market-specific requirements. You will find out how to plan for different markets during product design.
Then you will get introduced to localization, the process of adapting digital products to a set of specific locales or markets. This often, of course, includes translation into foreign languages, as catering for the different markets means ensuring the best language experience. It can also include the customization of features or adjusting marketing efforts by market.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Explain the rationale for both internationalization and localization
- Identify and distinguish roles of different professionals involved in internationalization and localization
- Explain different resource sourcing models used in the localization industry
- Address a broad range of internationalization challenges for digital products, from proper text encoding and use of regional formats to cultural sensitivity and awareness in the context of translation and localization
- Describe key concepts of project management in localization, including project stages and the balance between quality, schedule and cost
- Explain the peculiarities of translation in the broader context of localization and understand computer-assisted translation tools and the use of machine translation in the localization industry
- Apply quality assurance measures to internationalization and localization
- There is a growing need to employ people with expertise in internationalization and localization.
- The overall language services and technology industry is expected to see a growth of 7.4% CAGR until 2022.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.