Skills Covered: Leadership, Building Self-Awareness, Working with Personality Type, Emotional Intelligence, Intelligent Disobedience, Self Leadership, Setting Goals, Big Ideas, Managing Weaknesses, Decision-Making, Visioning the Future
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Our education and professional experiences focus on technical, how to do it, skills. So, we progress from doer to manager to leader, primarily based on our technical competencies. This model of promotion has been in use for decades, but it is now obsolete. Few of us intentionally learn soft skills along the way, finding ourselves a bit overwhelmed when asked to work in complex teams or to assume a managerial or leadership role.
Employers have recognized the value of personality type, adaptability and flexibility in responding to change, emotional intelligence, trust, psychological safety, conflict management and the ability to manage time, stress and energy to meet organizational needs. None of these are technical skills. They are the soft skills, probably the most difficult skills to assess and learn – but critical to professional, and life, success. In fact, they are now being renamed Power Skills. Do you have what you need to succeed?
This certificate offers an extraordinary opportunity to spend some quality time with yourself to assess your current level of soft skills, clearly define your core self, and build soft skills which are essential to professional, not to mention life, success.
In this certificate program, you will consider what makes a positive workplace where people can do their best; assess who you are now and set goals for who you’d like to become, emotions and emotional intelligence, strengths, personality type, and values-based decision-making, a key to critical thinking. In the second certificate in this series, you will have the opportunity to consider time/stress/energy management, thinking style, psychological capital, approach to change, conflict styles and methods, and communication styles and methods. Make the commitment now to invest in your personal and professional development.
Become the person you are meant to be. Become the person ready to take the next step with all the right power skills.
How will this happen? An APPLE a day…The courses in this certificate use the APPLE model to help you become your best self.
- Assess: You will start with validated self-assessments and explore benchmarked reports prepared just for you
- Plan: You will sent personal development goals in SMART goal format
- Prepare: You will prioritize your goals and get ready to learn how to make change, using solid scientific research made practical
- Learn: You will develop your specific action plan and try out the change you want to make. Change is iterative so you’ll learn how to make false starts and initial failures learning points.
- Execute: You will realize your SMART goals and bring new soft skills to your work and life. And, you’ll have developed the skills to continue your self-development long after the course.
Key Program Content:
- Happiness at work — modeling a great workplace
- Impact of Soft Skills, and the New Power Skills
- Current management skills assessment
- Being your best self through intentional change (APPLE Framework)
- Self-Awareness as a Foundation
- Personality type and how to use It
- Emotions and Emotional Intelligence
- Strengths-based management
- Values-based decision-making: Personal Values and Vision Statement
- Intelligent Disobedience: how to help your organization to well
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn how to better deploy your technical skills
- Develop yourself for future leaders roles with greater power skills
- Learn how to optimize yourself and team members using strengths and emotional intelligence
- Improve risk management through better communications and conflict
- Make better decisions with lasting impact regardless of your position in the company
- Project Manager jobs to grow by 33% over next 10 years (Source: PMI.org)
- Program Project Manager income is $60k to $100k based on industry (Payscale.com)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.