Corporate Innovation with Queensland University
Skills Covered: Types of Innovation, Design Thinking, Creativity for Innovation, Create Innovative Ideas, Implement Innovative Ideas, From Plan to Product, Creating an Innovation Culture, Sustaining an Innovation Culture, Ideas Development, Motivation Strategies, Testing Innovation, Valuing Innovation, Risk in Innovation, Innovation Capacity, Innovation Capability, Institutional Entrepreneurship, Leadership Development
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
The ability to innovate is crucial for business survival and growth in the current climate of rapid technological advancement and changing consumer preferences. Without innovation and entrepreneurship skills, more and more corporate ventures are failing when faced with market challenges.
In this MicroMasters program, you will develop the knowledge and skills to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship within your organization. The program will teach you how to understand, integrate and promote innovation in a variety of settings, including public, private and not-for profit organizations and research institutions. Drawing on the innovation value chain, this program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the different aspects of corporate innovation, including:
- how to foster creativity and design thinking in the initial idea generation phase
- how organizations can utilize idea management tools to select the most feasible ideas for development, including how to manage intellectual property, introduce innovative processes and commercialize new technologies, products and services;
- how an evidence-based approach to innovation management can be utilized to improve the decision-making process and how to introduce open innovation practices; and
- How to build innovation into the strategy, capabilities and culture of an organization.
During this program, theory will be complemented with real-world case studies, which will help you develop strategies that you can apply to improve business productivity, economic growth and global competitiveness. Additionally, as a verified learner, you will have the opportunity to refine your knowledge and skills, with the guidance of UQ experts, through a series of activities that allow you to apply theory and tools to your own ideas.
Graduates of the program will be empowered with the ability to foster entrepreneurial and innovative behaviors in themselves and others; making them well suited to leadership roles within innovation programs, and enhancing an organizations ability to rapidly respond to and survive market threats.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Fundamentals of creative and design thinking to enable innovation
- Idea Management to better select and implement business ideas
- Evidence based innovation how to develop a business model into a business plan
- How to scale innovation as a capability within organisations and assess your innovation readiness
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.