Accounting with Indiana University
Skills Covered: Financial Reporting, Financial Statements, Income Statements, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Control, Controlling, Taxes, Decision Making
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Accountants with deep financial expertise, business acumen, real-world experience, decision-making ability, and effective communication skills are vital to businesses of all sizes and have tremendous career opportunities. This MicroMasters® program in Accounting is designed for smart, hardworking students with integrity and passion who want to substantially enhance their understanding of accounting. The program curriculum includes courses in the three most fundamental areas of accounting: financial accounting, managerial accounting, and income taxes. Learn from world-renowned, award-winning accounting faculty at the top-ranked Kelley School of Business at Indiana University. The MicroMasters program will introduce you to the following key areas in the accounting profession:
- Financial Reporting I – How do firms measure and report financial position and financial performance in a set of financial statements?
- Managerial Accounting and Corporate Control – How do firms make critical strategic decisions using accounting information?
- Taxes and Decision Making – How do income taxes impact firms, their strategies, capital structure, and after-tax profits?
The three graduate-level courses in the MicroMasters program represent 30% of the coursework in the online Master of Science in Accounting from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University offered on the edX platform.
The online Master of Science in Accounting program is designed for individuals who want to transition to an accounting career and for individuals who want to deepen their understanding of accounting’s role in investing, banking, and corporate management. The Kelley School of Business is currently ranked #7 for graduate accounting programs by Public Accounting Report.
Completing this MicroMasters program in accounting can strengthen your application to the online Master of Science in Accounting program, as well as advance your career.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What information do firms measure and report in a wide array of transactions, events, and arrangements in balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows?
- What are key elements of financial reporting, such as revenues, expenses, gains and losses, net income, assets, liabilities, and owners’ equity?
- How do firms develop and use key internal information such as product costs, cost allocations, customer profitability, budgets, and planning to execute and control firm strategy?
- How do income taxes impact firms? How do firms measure and report taxable income and taxes payable? And how do firms strategically plan for and manage the impact of taxes on profitability?
- Accounting standards, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates steady job growth in the accounting profession in the next 10 years.
- Learners may be able to enhance their capabilities in a variety of roles, including certified public accounant (CPA), accounting manager, auditor, or management accountant.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.