Foundations of Modern Mining
Skills Covered: Mining Business, Minerals Business, Minerals and Mining, Mining Operations, Mining Leadership, Mining Digital Transformation, Mining Safety, Mineral Resources, Mine Planning, Surface Mine Design, Underground Mine Design, Mineral Processing Mine Logistics and Transportation, Data Access and Availability, Real-Time Operational Assessment, Remote Sensing, Automation, Visualisation
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
The mining industry is in the midst of a skills and knowledge shift, and the Foundations of Modern Mining Professional Certificate, developed by Curtin University and the University of Queensland in partnership with industry, provides learners with a contemporary knowledge base and skill set to equip them for the economic, technical, societal and environmental challenges of modern mining.
The program is designed to provide learners with a thorough overview of the operational aspects of the modern minerals and mining sector. It will challenge their understanding of how mining can operate within the constraints of sustainability, a remote and dispersed workforce whose health, safety, and wellness are paramount, and the optimisation and automation of operations in an increasingly technical and complex landscape.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Apply the lens of the value chain to review and critically analyse all aspects of the business of mining and its associated stakeholders.
- Analyse the complexities of the lifecycle of a mine through a systems approach from discovery to rehabilitation.
- Explain how innovation has and will continue to impact the evolution of mining and business processes.
- Create innovative solutions to contemporary problems in the mining sector.
- Analyse how mining contributes to the sustainable development of society.
- Distinguish and classify capabilities required across evolving roles and operating models within the mining sector.
- Articulate the importance of an integrated organisational culture that delivers on safety, productivity and engagement.
- Industry employees and contractors wishing to widen their knowledge of the mining and minerals business beyond their current area of work, either for promotion or as part of transformation.
- Potential Mining industry employees will find this course provides a comprehensive introduction to the industry and the wide range of operational challenges it faces in a modern environment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.