Skills Covered: Debugging, LLDB, Breakpoint Actions, Xcode
ABOUT THIS COURSE
“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.”
Edsger W. Dijkstra
Debugging is embedded in the programming process however finding bugs can be an incredibly frustrating and demotivating process for developers. This course will teach you a variety of effective techniques to help make debugging your code easier.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Debugging, Printing, Logging
- Difference between warnings and errors in Xcode.
- Example app riddled with bugs to troubleshoot.
- Outline a debugging process and use print statements to identify bugs.
Stepping Through Code
- Breakpoints in Xcode.
- Examine application state and stack frames during the execution of an application.
- Diagnose and understand run-time problems using Xcode’s debugging tools.
LLDB and Breakpoint Actions
- LLDB (low-level debugger)—the debugging super tool.
- LLDB commands to investigate issues in code.
- Add actions to breakpoints to improve your debugging workflow.
Breakpoints and Visual Tools
- Set special exceptions and symbolic breakpoints.
- Use Xcode’s visual debugging tools to fix user interface problems.
- Practice debugging and fixing issues in an existing application.