Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Skills Covered: Six Sigma Methodology, DMAIC Cycle, Root Cause Analysis, Inferential Statistics, Design of Experiments, Analysis of Variance, SPC and Control Charts, Quality Management Tools: FMEA, 8D, 5 Whys, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Lean Manufacturing, Methods and Tools for Process Improvement, Statistics with Minitab, Six Sigma Project Implementation
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Learn how to drive quality and productivity projects by mastering the methods, tools and principles of Lean Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma enable organizations to identify weaknesses of their business processes, to measure, analyze and improve their performance, and thus to sustainably increase customer satisfaction and decrease costs. In this program, you will first earn the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification by mastering the fundamentals of the Lean Six Sigma methodology, plus the Green Belt Certification by applying your knowledge in practice with a predefined project.
The Body of Knowledge of the first three courses in the series (QPLS1-3x) reflects the standard of the American Society for Quality for their Certified Six Sigma Green Belt. In these courses, you will learn the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) process improvement cycle and examine how the principles of Lean Production improve quality and productivity and enable organizational transformation. Both descriptive and inferential statistics will be applied, and all concepts are exercised using online problems and interactive exercises and case studies. After receiving our Yellow Belt Certification, learners apply their knowledge in practice to earn the TUM Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (QPLS4x), according the recommendation of the International Society of Six Sigma Professionals, by implementing our predefined project. We will guide you using software with all relevant tools, specific tasks, a project storybook template to document your results, graded reviews of your documentation after each DMAIC phase, and weekly live online sessions for your questions.
The Green Belt Certification will be awarded after completion of the course and final review of your completed project storybook and your collected data. This TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow and Green Belt certifications allow you to demonstrate your personal operational excellence with your project story book to actively reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction in any organizational environment. Your new skills can facilitate your career entry or advance your career.
NOTE: In order to achieve the TUM Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification, it is MANDATORY to complete the 3 courses: QPLS1x, QPLS2x and QPLS3x pursuing all 3 Verified Certificates, for which you will earn the Yellow Belt Certificate. Only then you may start your Green Belt Certification project with QPLS4x. There is no deadline for completing the courses and project.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The logic and methodology of Six Sigma and the principles of Lean Management
- The qualitative and quantitative tools of Lean Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma fundamentals in an individual, standardized project
- To identify, implement, and evaluate suitable Lean Six Sigma projects in organization
- To identify and define suitable Six Sigma project topics.
- To implement a Six Sigma project along with its DMAIC phases with all relevant qualitative and quantitative tools.
- To evaluate the success of a Six Sigma project with process performance indicators and the derived financial benefits.
- To apply all relevant DMAIC tools, for example, Project Definition, Voice of Customer/CtQ’s, Project Charter, Process Mapping, Cause & Effect Matrix, Hypotheses, and their Statistical Tests, Root-Cause-Analysis, etc.
- Lean Management principles: Lean Manufacturing, Identification of Waste, Capacity Analysis, Setup Time Reduction, Workplace Organisation, Workplace Visualization, Pull Systems, Scheduling, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Heijunka, Kanban, Jidoka, Poka Yoke, 5S Methodology