Leadership Essentials by RIT
Skills Covered: Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Business Communication, Teamwork, Collaboration, Strategic Analysis, Strategic Assessment, Failure Analysis, Workplace Interactions, Remote Leadership, Motivation Strategies, Conflict Management, Team Effectiveness
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Essential leadership skills like decision-making, facilitating difficult conversations, and goal-setting all contribute to the emotional intelligence required for all levels of career success. In today’s business environment, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are integral to a leader’s success in leading teams.
Ideal for new managers and requisite professional development for seasoned leaders, the Leadership Essentials Professional Certificate program focuses on essential skills employers value most, from communication in the workplace to strategic problem-solving.
In this program, you will learn about:
- Active listening, written, and verbal communication in the workplace
- Essential elements of collaboration and leading work groups and teams
- Best practices for performing a strategic analysis of a problem in the workplace
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Enhance and tailor written, verbal, and non-verbal communication to various workplace audiences, including managers, co-workers, direct reports, and clients.
- Improve critical thinking and listening skills to respond to the needs of various constituents in workplace settings.
- Develop skills in leadership, problem-solving, conflict management, and other critical group dynamics.
- Higher-paying jobs are 44% more likely to request communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. (Burning Glass Technologies)
- Research conducted with Fortune 500 CEOs by the Stanford Research Institute International and the Carnegie Mellon Foundation, found that 75% of long-term job success depends on people skills, while only 25% on technical knowledge.