IT Fundamentals for Business Professionals
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
This introductory program is designed to give business professionals the basic background on Information Technology (IT) to let them get the most in their interaction with IT professionals, either from their company or from external corporation, as they will have a deeper understanding when identifying requirements, evaluating workloads or supervising results in the IT field.
Through this program, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application, and gain familiarity with the terminology used within the IT field.
This program covers the following topic areas:
- Information Systems and Office Application Software in Organizations: Standard office suite tools, office systems (email, conferencing, etc…), basics of desktop operating systems. Internet, web browsers, Electronic Data Interchange and enterprise wide systems.
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Computers and their components, data representation and processing. Computer networks, client/server architecture, operating systems architecture and wireless computing.
- Information Systems Software Development: Software development, systems development, information processing, user interface design and standards, software project management.
- Programming Concepts and Data Management: Programming languages and logic, object oriented methods, data types and structures, file types, databases, SQL. Web technologies and development, data warehousing and data mining.
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Economic effects, business strategies, privacy concerns, security threats and controls, intellectual property and careers in information technology.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How Information Technology is used in organizations.
- An overview of how computers and communications networks work.
- Basic concepts of software development and project management.
- Fundamental concepts of computer programming.
- Computer threats, hackers, antivirus and information security.
- Social and ethical implications of IT.
- Project managers who work on projects related to Information Technology.
- Middle manager in any department that interacts with IT.
- Product manager for any product with an IT component.