FinTech by University of Hong Kong
Skills Covered: FinTech Solutions, FinTech Ethics and Risks, Digital Finance, Alternative Finance, FinTech Regulation, RegTech, Data-Driven Finance, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, AI, Technological Transformation of Finance
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
On FinTech Professional Certificate, you will learn about the world of FinTech and the opportunities and challenges it is bringing around the world. This program will give you the tools to understand the interaction of finance and technology across the financial system as well as insight into the major technologies involved and the emerging business models and players in the industry. This course is designed for those working in finance, technology, regulation, or FinTech, those studying related subjects, or those just interested in learning more about one of the most exciting processes underway today.
Each course brings together leading experts in FinTech from a range of backgrounds, including professors, market professionals, and entrepreneurs. Designed by leading academics from a range of disciplines with input from industry leaders including among others SuperCharger, the Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship, Microsoft, PwC and the Asia Capital Markets Institute.
Over each week of each course, you will gain a greater understanding of the key trends in finance, technology, and regulation, to better prepare for not only the opportunities but also the risks and challenges, including to traditional financial institutions and business models and those working in them. The University of Hong Kong is one of the world’s leading universities, with a global reputation in the areas of finance, law, and technology.
77% of firms expect to adopt blockchain as part of an in-production system or process. That gives huge employment opportunities for FinTech experts!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What FinTech is and how it is transforming the world of finance around the world.
- Understand the major technologies involved in FinTech and the major players in the market, including startups, TechFins, traditional financial institutions and regulators.
- Learn about blockchain, its design, uses, potential and limitations.
- The opportunities of FinTech but also the risks and challenges of the technological transformation of finance.
- Understand not only the current landscape but also develop the tools to understand future trends and developments.