Computer Science for Web Programming by Harvard
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
The web is a crucial part of our everyday lives. We rely on websites not just for entertainment and social networking, but for our professions, our finances, our education, and even aspects of our health care. The technologies that run these services are intricate and varied, but there are frameworks and principles that use common languages like HTML and Python that can give you a jump start in building your own web apps.
Through hands-on projects, you’ll learn to write and use APIs, create interactive UIs, and leverage cloud services like GitHub and Heroku. You’ll emerge with knowledge and experience in principles, languages, and tools that empower you to design and deploy applications. Join now to program your own web applications and gain critical skills in database design, scalability, security, and user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- How to scale your web applications
- How to keep track of changes made to code, synchronize code between different people, and test changes to code
- The various ways an API can be used
- How to design and implement web pages and web apps
- From 2018-2028, the job outlook for web developers is expected to increase by 13% much faster than the average. (Source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Web developer jobs are listed as one of the top 10 best low-stress, high-paying jobs. (Source: U.S. News)
- The top 20% of web developers earn a salary of over $126,000. (Source: CareerExplorer)