Agile Development Using Ruby on Rails
Skills Covered: Agile Development, Agile techniques, Ruby on Rails, Ruby Programming, Rails Framework, JavaScrip
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
You will learn the Ruby programming language and Ruby on Rails mvc web application framework.
This program will introduce Agile, which used by 60-80% of all programming teams, and by the majority of programming teams distributed across the globe. You will learn Agile through a “learn by doing” approach in which you use the same tools and techniques as professionals, such as test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven design, continuous integration, and continuous deployment onto the public cloud.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to apply fundamental Ruby on Rails programming techniques to the design, development, testing, and public cloud deployment of an Software as a Service (SaaS) application
- How modern programming language features in Ruby on Rails can improve productivity and code maintainability through techniques like Behavior Driven Design and Test Driven Development
- How to practice deployment of apps to real users, including how to monitor performance, identify and fix common performance problems, and avoid compromising customer data
- How to apply Agile techniques to enhance and refactor legacy code to become a true Ruby on Rails developer
- How to create more sophisticated apps by adding relationships between models within the Ruby on Rails framework
- Median salary for full-stack web developers is $105,000 in US, and median salary for Ruby developers is $95,000. (StackOverflow developer survey results 2016)
- Cloud and distributed computing is #1 Top Skill (now 2 years running) according to LinkedIn’s Global Top Skills of 2016. (LinkedIn)
- The program teaches Agile in the context of developing Web-based services. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects about 27% employment growth for web developers by 2024.