Leadership in Global Development
Skills Covered: Global Leadership, Self-Leadership, Wise Leadership, Remote Leadership, Leading Across Boundaries, Leadership Development, Adaptive Leadership, Critical Development Perspectives, Sustainable Development, Microfinance
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Are you working in the development sector and looking to take the next step in your career? International and community development aims to reduce poverty and improve the living standards, health and quality of life for those who need it most. As the challenges we face become more complex we need qualified and skilled professionals to lead across sectors and organizations.
Balancing theoretical knowledge with practical abilities, the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program provides the strong technical and management skills you need to tackle the most demanding and complex challenges in global development. This program certificate will demonstrate that you have the advanced competencies that international development agencies are increasingly demanding from their leaders and managers.
After gaining a verified certificate for each of the four prerequisite courses you will be awarded the MicroMasters program certificate in Leadership in Global Development.
Build on this program certificate and apply to one of UQ’s on-campus Postgraduate Programs in Global Development. More information about this program, including the other entry requirements, is available via UQ.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- An understanding of the prominent perspectives, trends, and challenges of leadership styles in development.
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to the analysis of development-related issues.
- Critical knowledge of the science, practice and policy of sustainable pathways to development.
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in finding local solutions to complex problems, and for scaling those solutions to improve policy.
- Exciting career opportunities are available with multilateral and bilateral aid agencies, aid contractors, government departments, non-government organisations and mining and other private sector companies.
- Development industry representatives have expressed the need for professionals who have both the contextual knowledge and the leadership skills to manage increasingly complex problems.
- This innovative and multidisciplinary credential will set you apart from an increasingly competitive job market.