Entrepreneurship with IIMB
Skills Covered: People Management, Delegation, Performance Management, Building Peer Networks, Managing Self, Opportunities and Idea Generation, Idea Validation and Evaluation, Lean Canvas, Effectuation, Financial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, Product Costing, Cost Analysis, Decision Making, Budgeting, Variance Analysis, Financial Markets, Working Capital Management
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Do you aspire to be an ideal people manager? The journey from being an individual contributor to a people manager requires significant personal development and growth. The objective of this business and management course is to smoothen the transition for newly appointed people managers, motivate and guide people who are aspiring to become one and to think back and reflect for seasoned managers.
You will learn the “DO your Venture” ideology, which will teach you common paths entrepreneurs take when launching their own venture. You will also learn the tools and techniques for generating ideas and then test your ideas in the field and gather feedback.
Accounting and Finance section helps you to read and understand financial statements to evaluate how business performance is affected by four fundamental drivers of profitability viz., asset management, cost management, leverage management and tax management. It will also help you to identify areas for improvement.
You will also learn the fundamentals of marketing management, as you gradually learn advanced theories and applications through real world business examples, illustrations, cases and exercises. You will learn how marketing management tools can be used to increase your customer base, improve customer satisfaction and increase your company’s overall perceived value.
You will learn how marketing serves as a key element within an organization’s strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain an overview of what it means to be an effective people manager
- Have a deeper understanding of the different aspects of people management
- Be able to appreciate the challenges faced by a first time manager
- Reflect on your managerial experiences
- How to integrate a strong action philosophy in developing entrepreneurial ideas, focusing around the “DO Your Venture” ideology
- Common paths taken by successful entrepreneurs
- Pre-venture idea creation and evaluation
- How to rapidly develop and test ideas by gathering quick customer feedback
- Tools to successfully launch your venture including Lean Canvas
- Financial statement analysis
- Cost management
- Financial Management
- Basic concepts of marketing
- Segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning
- Marketing strategy
- 4Ps of marketing: product, price, place and promotion