Digital Product Management
Skills Covered: Product Management with Lean, Product Launch, Monetization, Agile Design Thinking, System Design Thinking, Platform Strategy for Business, Strategic Social Media Marketing, Driving Digital Innovation through Experimentation, Business Analytics for Data-Driven Decision Making
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Product Manager is one of the hottest positions in the emerging digital economy.
The Product Manager is essentially the “CEO” of a digital product. They understand and articulate needs; set up roadmaps, plan and coordinate the development process; champion and launch products and oversee the product life cycle. They are the implementers of ideas in digital business innovation.
In this Product Management MicroMasters program, you will gain hands on experience in:
- Creating product roadmaps
- Taking products from initial concept through user research, co-creation, and rapid prototyping
- Agile and lean management practices for creating software and digital products
- Social media and market testing methods
- Applying perspective from best practices in platform based strategies.
The MicroMasters program concludes with two courses that leverage object oriented thinking, digital process capabilities, and data analytics tools to build “boundary-spanning” skills in running, measuring and adapting strategic experiments that may lead to novel products, business models and market growth.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand the principles and processes for developing product roadmaps
- Tools and methods for generating and validating user needs, ideas, co-creation and mapping the findings into product and market requirements and positioning documents
- Techniques for oversight of agile development, rapid prototyping, experimentation and risk management with object oriented development, data and analytics based tools sets
- Techniques for planning, oversight and launch of products and software, including tracking and system level optimization of social media metrics
- Life cycle management of products and services including versioning and pricing
- Techniques for communicating and championing the product benefits to internal (C-Level Managers and sales teams) and external audiences (key customers)
- Understand the variations in the product management practices across different organizations and emergent digital markets
- Alternative ways to drive digital business innovation in your company