Business and Operations for a Circular Bio-Economy
Skills Covered: Circular Economy, Life Cycle Assessment, Agent-Based Modelling, Fossil Resources, Biomass, Business Strategy, Biobased Economy, Biobased Value Chain, Biomass Fractions, Biobased Products
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
The world is moving from a linear ‘cradle-to-grave’ economy to a more sustainable circular ‘cradle-to-cradle’ economy. In this new world, it’s critical to determine if alternative (biobased) resources have the potential to become economically viable sustainable sources for the production of high value food and materials, feed and energy. This requires the development of feasible biobased business strategies and the skills to apply these strategies to operations and logistics. Companies that want to succeed in this industry must be prepared for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
This MicroMasters programme consists of three courses and a capstone. The courses will teach you about the basics of biobased materials/natural resources and their conversion to useful products and services. This will help you to understand and evaluate strategic, technological, and operational aspects of running a biobased business and therefore understand the dynamics in biobased business investments and the factors that influence them. You will learn to design and evaluate biobased supply (and value) chains using quantitative methods.
In the final course you will perform a capstone project in which you apply the knowledge from all courses to your own business case, which gives you the opportunity to receive feedback from experts in the field of biobased business and operations.
Completion of this MicroMasters programme in Business and Operations for a Circular Bio-Economy will provide you with knowledge and tools to analyze the business and operations sides of the switch from fossil to renewable, biobased resources. Upon earning the programme certificate, you will be able to contribute substantially to managerial decision-making, as well as deal with issues regarding supply chain management and planning.
Subscribe now to this MicroMasters programme and learn how to implement natural resource/biobased resource business models and seize this economic opportunity that lies ahead!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand and evaluate strategic, technological, and operational aspects of running a biobased business
- Understand the basics of biobased materials and their conversion to useful products and services
- Identify factors that affect biobased investments and innovations
- Create business strategies in a biobased economy
- Design and evaluate biobased supply chains using quantitative methods
- Careers in industries such as: (bio)chemicals, agri-food and feed, beer and water, housing and infra, energy, logistics, next to related governmental and non-governmental sectors
- Exciting career opportunities for those traditionally and newly trained: entrepreneurs, top managers, supply chain managers, product managers, consultants and business developers in a biobased business, biobased researchers, bioprocess specialists
- The US biobased products industry contributes $369 billion and 4 million jobs to American economy
- EU employment in the Biobased sector accounts for 13.8 million jobs