Intro to Descriptive Statistics
Skills Covered: Descriptive Statistics, Estimation, Central Limit Theorem, Central Tendency, Sampling Distributions, Normal Distribution, Variability
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Statistics is an important field of math. It is used to analyze, interpret, and predict outcomes from data. In this course, you will learn the basic concepts used to describe data. This is a great beginner introduction for those interested in Data Science, Economics, Machine Learning, and any other field related to analytics.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Intro to Research Methods
- Introduction to several statistical study methods.
- Positives and negatives of each.
- Take your data and display it to the world.
- Create and interpret histograms
- Bar charts
- Frequency plots.
- Compute and interpret the 3 measures of center for distributions: the mean
- Quantify the spread of data using the range and standard deviation.
- Identify outliers in data sets using the concept of the interquartile range.
- Convert distributions into the standard normal distribution using the Z-score.
- Compute proportions using standardized distributions.
- Use normalized distributions to compute probabilities
- Use the Z-table to look up the proportions of observations above
- Below or in-between values
- Apply the concepts of probability and normalization to sample data sets.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.