Computer Science Fundamentals with New York University
Skills Covered: Computing, Programming, Python, System Hardware, Computer Hardware, Computer Networking, Networking Architecture, Network Security, Numerical Data Types, Arithmetic Expressions, Strings & Functions, Array-Based Sequences, Operating Systems, Operating Systems Concepts, Memory Management
ABOUT THIS MICRO BACHELOR
This program introduces learners to the basics of computer programming and computer systems, including hardware, operating systems and computer networking.
No prior knowledge of programming or computer systems is required.
Computer Hardware & Operating Systems outline:
- Fundamentals of system hardware
- Introduction to OS concepts
- OS processes and threads
- Thread concurrency and deadlocks
- Memory management
Computer Networking outline:
- Computer networking overview
- Computer networking architecture: application, transport, network and link layers
- Network Security overview
Basics of Computing & Programming outline:
- Positional number systems
- Hello world
- Numerical data types and arithmetic expressions
- Branching statements
- Iterative/Loop statements
- Strings & Functions
- Array-based sequences/Lists
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Fundamental knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems.
- Understand modern operating systems structure.
- Use the principles of computational thinking.
- Gain knowledge of state-of-the-art in network protocols, architectures, and applications.
- Learn the basic of Python programming.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.