Essentials of Cybersecurity
Skills Covered: Introduction to Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Toolkit, Cybersecurity Management Process, Cybersecurity Career Path
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Are you interested in working in cybersecurity but unsure if it’s the right career choice for you?
This professional certificate program will introduce you to the field of cybersecurity, as you learn about its landscape, numerous sectors and various roles, competencies and career pathways.
You will learn about the role of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) as you study the policies, procedures, practices and technologies put in place to mitigate organizational and systems vulnerabilities to cyberattack.
You will also learn about the type of skills needed from a cybersecurity professional, outside of technical proficiency. And lastly, you will be given the opportunity to complete a self-assessment to determine which career path in cybersecurity is right for you.
The goal of this program is to help you better understand cybersecurity and the opportunities within this field as they apply to you. The program is intended for learners who wish to identify their specific optimal niche and create a plan for entry into this exciting field.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Describe the vast array of roles and sectors within the Cybersecurity industry;
- Explain the relationship between management and technology in cybersecurity protection;
- Identify appropriate types of security controls to the actions of different and evolving threat actors;
- Apply terminology and basic concepts of cybersecurity;
- Assess own knowledge, skill, and abilities toward identifying a career path in cybersecurity.
- Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. (Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics)
- The mean real-time salary is $108,335. (Source: Burning Glass)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.