Big Data with University of Adelaide
Skills Covered: Big Data, Programming for Data Science, Computational Thinking, Big Data Analytics, Creative Code, Building Blocks, Repetition, Debugging, Transforming Data, Summarising Data, Introduction to Java, Probability, Hashing, Linear Regression, Modelling Data, Classification, Prediction, Supervised Machine Learning, Deep Learning
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Big data is changing the way businesses operate. Driven by a new scale of data collection that provides massive levels of information, businesses are now able to analyse and gather data insights to make better-informed decisions.
Data scientists and business analysts are in high-demand as companies look to use data to improve their business operations.
In this Big Data MicroMasters program, you will learn tools and analytical methods to use data for decision-making, collect and organise data at scale, and gain an understanding of how data analysis can help to inform change within organisations.
You’ll develop both the technical and computational skills that are in high demand across a range of industries. You’ll develop critical skills in programming for data science, computational thinking, algorithm design, big data fundamentals, and data-driven analysis, with plenty of opportunities to apply and explore your new learnings through a range of case studies.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to design algorithms
- Understand fundamental programming concepts including data abstraction, storage and structures
- Understand computational thinking which includes decomposition, pattern recognition and abstraction
- Data-driven problem and algorithm design for big data
- Interpretation of data representation and analysis
- Understand key mathematical concepts, including dimension reduction and Bayesian models
- How to use analytical tools such as R and Java
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.