Client-Server Communication by Google
Skills Covered: HTTP request and response cycle, HTTP headers and verbs, HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 capabilities, HTTPS, Client-Server Communication
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Would you like to know how a client communicates with a server? This course is perfect for you! You’ll learn about HTTP’s request and response cycle. You will dig into HTTP headers and verbs, distinguish HTTP/1 from HTTP/2 capabilities. All this while experiencing the importance of security and digging into the details of HTTPS. You’ll also learn both security best practices, as well as ways to improve the performance of your web apps. You will be provided with handcrafted servers where you’ll diagnose problematic server setups, issues with SSL certificates. You will also have a chance to hack an example bank website to transfer funds.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
HTTP’s Request-Response Cycle
- HTTP’s request and response cycle.
- What makes up an HTTP requests and response?
- What originates an HTTP request and how do they relate to one another?
- Find out how HTTP/1 is used in practice.
- Map the requests and response types from lesson 1 into HTTP verbs and response codes & headers.
- Differences between HTTPS and HTTP?
- Certificate Authorities.
- HTTP Mixed Content issues.
- Learn how HTTP/2 improves on and extends HTTP/1.
- Look at optimizations for HTTP/1 that are now anti-patterns in HTTP/2.
- Resolve common security problems like CORS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.