Authentication & Authorization: OAuth
Skills Covered: Flask, OAuth 2.0, Authentication & Authorization, Python
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Before you share your apps on the Internet you should protect your users’ data, ensuring information stored on your site is safe from unwanted manipulation. Relying on trusted providers is a fast, safe, and easy way to allow users to log in to your application. This is without having to create and maintain another account, profile, and password.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Authentication vs. Authorization:
- Difference between authentication and authorization.
- How OAuth 2.0 makes implementing security easier for developers and users.
- OAuth 2.0 in action as you make API requests using Google’s OAuth 2.0 Playground.
Creating a Google+ Sign-In:
- Different types of security flow your application can implement.
- How security can be handled by your server and your user’s browser.
- How to add a Google+ Sign-In to an existing web application and implement a hybridized client/server flow.
Local Permission Systems:
- Add python code to create server-side rules that will constitute a permission system.
- Limit access of the database for each logged in user based on how the developer designs this code.
- Add a User model to your database to store the credentials collected from the OAuth provider’s API.
Adding Facebook & Other Providers:
- Implement multiple OAuth providers on your web application.
- Add Facebook Login as an alternative sign-in option for your users.
- How to use OAuth provider documentation to add as many providers as you see fit.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.