Virtual Reality (VR) App Development
Skills Covered: Computer Graphics, 3D Graphics, Graphics Programming, OpenGL, GLSL, WebVR, Virtual Reality, VR App Design, Creating Virtual Reality, (VR) Virtual Reality Apps, Game Engines, Gaze Interaction
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Virtual reality (VR) is one of the hottest emerging technologies in the entertainment industry today. Millions of VR devices have been sold in the US alone, but most software developers have no formal training on the technology. This Professional Certificate program will teach you what VR devices exist, how VR technology works, and how to write software, often called VR experiences, for it.
You will learn effective 3D interaction techniques to use VR applications, how to write VR applications in WebVR and Unity 3D, and what features make a VR application successful. You will also learn the required mathematics for successful VR applications and how computer graphics are rendered onto a screen.
The final course in this program will allow you to apply the material learned in the previous courses to create your own VR app.
This program will provide you with a strong foundation to develop VR apps in all areas VR is used, including entertainment and gaming. This VR program also provides a solid foundation for people who want to develop augmented reality (AR) applications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- To design VR applications with Unity 3D
- How OpenGL works and is used to create realistic looking applications
- To transform coordinate systems for 3D interactions
- Hardware components for VR and how they work
- What makes a VR application successful
- How to create your own VR app
- How to use this VR program to develop augmented reality (AR) applications
- Virtual reality will generate $25 billion of revenue worldwide by the year 2021. (Source: Statistica)
- VR jobs start at $75k/year and range up to $200k/year. (Source: MediaJobs.com)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.