Integrated Digital Media with NYU
Skills Covered: Creative Coding, Object-Oriented Programming, Document Object Model (DOM), Data Visualization and APIs, Theories of Media and Technology, Cybernetics, Computation, Interaction/Interface, Networks, Interaction, Interface, Cyborg Life, Media Law, Copyright Law, Copyright & Art, Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Integrated Digital Media
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
With the evolution of media entities like Time Warner, NBC Universal and Condé Nast, it’s increasingly clear that the world is not just consuming media — we’re experiencing it. The media communication industry is capitalizing on the potential of digital media, and to do that, they are seeing a growing need for design, creative, and UX professionals that have the skills to take them into the future–keeping them competitive, relevant, and innovative.
Whether you are a current or aspiring UI/UX Designer, Graphic Designer, or Multimedia artist, this program will equip you with the critical knowledge, as well as the technical and creative skills for designing interactive digital experiences that push boundaries and drive media forward. You will leave this program with programming skills and media frameworks that will elevate your career. By the end of your coursework, you will also have a professional portfolio of work that exemplifies your technical and creative skills, which you can present to peers, graduate school programs, and potential employers.
Whether you take these design and digital media skills directly to the workforce, or use them to apply to NYU’s exceptional online Master’s Degree in Integrated Digital Media, this program prepares you to successfully engage in a fast-growing and professionally rewarding creative field and community.
For completers of this MicroMasters program on edX, The Boston Globe Media Partners have guaranteed interviews for key roles with The Boston Globe, Boston.com, and STAT brands.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Students will develop conceptual thinking skills to generate ideas and content in order to solve problems or create opportunities.
- Students will develop technical skills to realize their ideas.
- Students will understand and utilize digital media tools and technologies, while adapting to constantly changing paradigms by learning how to learn.
- Students will be able to integrate/interface different technologies within a technological ecosystem.
- Students will develop critical thinking skills that will allow them to analyze and position their work within cultural, historic, aesthetic, economic, and technological contexts.
- Students can advance their career and explore new possibilities of working with digital media as multimedia artists, graphic designers, web designers/developers, mobile application developers,or user experience designers.These skills are reinforced below:
- Students who complete this program are prepared for careers in UX/UI Design, Graphic Design, Accessibility Design, Product Design, Video Editing, VR Development, Website Development or Software Development
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.