Quantum Technology: Computing
Skills Covered: Quantum Science, Quantum Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Technology, Applied Quantum Computing, Hardware, Algorithm, Software, Quantum Detectors, Linear Algebra, Quantum Theory, Quantum Signatures, Experimental Data, Quantum Computing, Quantum Communication, Quantum Platforms, Search Algorithms, Hybrid Quantum, Quantum Annealing, Simulation, Optimization Algorithms, Quantum Machine-Learning, Cloud-Based Quantum Programming
ABOUT THIS MICRO MASTER
Since the beginning of the 21st century, explosive advancement in the realization of quantum computing platforms has occurred, redefining information processing and computer science. With such development, multidisciplinary and advanced training is urgently needed to move the technology forward, which has applications in artificial intelligence and data science.
This MicroMasters program introduces fundamental concepts and theories of quantum information and technologies and provides an overview of various emerging technologies, including quantum communication, quantum sensing, and quantum computation. The primary focus of the program is to introduce state-of-the-art quantum bit architectures and their working principles and provide hands-on experience programming real quantum systems.
Courses in this program are designed to introduce both physics and engineering aspects of quantum technologies, in particular quantum computing, with minimal prerequisite courses. Basic undergraduate physics and mathematics courses found in typical sophomore or junior-level engineering or science degrees are sufficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to mathematically describe basic quantum phenomena relevant to quantum technologies.
- Engineering challenges of quantum computation.
- How to formulate and apply basic quantum algorithms.
- Quantum communication and sensing technologies.
- How to analyze various quantum computing architectures.
- Engineers and scientists with skills related to quantum technology and its applications are expected to be in high demand in industries in both the public and private sector.
- Career opportunities include quantum programming, RF engineering, optical measurement and communication, cryogenic design and engineering, and quantum system engineering.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.