C Programming with Linux
Skills Covered: C Programming, Linux, Modular Programming, Memory Management, Pointers, Pointer Arithmetic, Advanced Data Types, Data Structures, Dynamic Memory Allocation, The Command Line Interface, Linux Tools and Libraries, Unix, Linux Operating System, Linux Filesystem, C Program on Linux
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
In this C Programming with Linux Professional Certificate program of seven short courses, you will learn how to write, read and debug computer programs in the C programming language while also becoming familiar with the Linux operating system.
Beginners, even those without any programming experience, will be able to immediately start coding in C through our new coding tools within the web browser. No need to install anything!
Why learn C and not another programming language? Did you know that smartphones, your car’s navigation system, robots, drones, trains, and almost all electronic devices have some C-code running under the hood? C is used in any circumstance where speed and flexibility are important, such as in embedded systems or high-performance computing.
C is a foundational programming language taught at engineering schools around the world, and represents one of the building blocks of modern computer information technology. Invented in the 1970’s. It is still one of the most stable and popular programming languages in the world.
Along with the C programming language comes Linux, an essential operating system used by most computer scientists and developers. Linux powers almost all supercomputers and most of the servers worldwide as well as all android devices and most internet of things devices. This Professional Certificate Program will introduce the Linux command line and Linux tools for C programmers; both of which are must-have skills in today’s tech industries.
You will practice through guided exercises and short coding demonstrations, as well as more elaborate assignments.
Our dedicated international course team is excited to introduce you to the world of coding and guide you along your path to becoming a skilled C programmer and help you pursue a career in computer engineering.
This course has received financial support from the Patrick and Lina Drahi Foundation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop and debug code in the C programming language
- Discover the foundations of computer programming and Linux, manipulate the command line, manage processes, files and memory, and compile C code with Linux
- Interpret, analyze, and implement important computer algorithms
- Observe, manipulate, and optimize computer memory using pointers in the C programming language
- Programmers, developers, engineers, managers, and related industries within scientific computing and data science;
- Embedded systems such as transportation, utility networks, and aerospace;
- Robotics industry and manufacturing;
- IoT (Internet of Things) used in smart homes, automation, and wearables.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.