Gradle for Android and Java by Google
Skills Covered: Android Development, Gradle, Java
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In this course, you will learn how the Gradle build tool compiles and packages apps, and how to customize the build process. The course also reveals the magic that happens after you hit the “Run” button in Android Studio. You’ll explore advanced Android topics, learning to configure free vs paid app flavors. You’ll create and integrate Android libraries, test your app, and prepare your app for the Play Store.
This course is for anyone interested in Gradle, build automation, and continuous delivery of software.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Understand Gradle’s capabilities and role in Java and Android builds.
- Gradle task model and put together your first build!
- Explore the Gradle build lifecycle.
Gradle for Java
- Understand the Gradle plugin system and explore the Java plugin.
- Build and test Java projects.
- Gradle for Dependency management.
Gradle for Android
- Use Gradle in Android Studio.
- Explore the features of the Gradle Android plugin and build process.
- Build an Android app with free and paid product flavors.
Advanced Android Builds
- Create Android libraries and apps that depend on them.
- Use advanced features of the Android Gradle Plugin to configure signing obfuscation and optimization.
- Configure Android testing.
- Build and test a joke-telling app with a free ad-supported version and a paid version.
- Deploy a Google Cloud Messaging backend to supply the jokes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.