Agile Project Management
Skills Covered: Applied Scrum, Agile Project Management, Sprint Planning, Fast Agile Team Delivery, Agile Innovation, Problem Solving, Agile Leadership Principles, Agile Leadership Practices, Agile Process, Agile Project, Agile Program Controls
ABOUT THIS PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
Nominated for the 2020 edX Prize
In this Professional Certificate program, you will learn the mechanics of how to design and facilitate projects using “pure” Agile Scrum and Lean Kanban techniques. You will also learn the trade-offs of using hybrid techniques such as Lean Startup, Scaled Agile For the Enterprise (SAFe), and Disciplined Agile Development.
We will then go beyond these frameworks to the science and essential principles you’ll need to ensure you get the greatest benefits of Agile Project Management methods: Speed, Innovation, Leadership, and Kaizen (Change for the Better).
After completing this course series, you will be able to clearly explain how Agile techniques address faults in traditional project management techniques, the tradeoffs (benefits and risks) of these approaches, and when it’s best to apply them to maximize value to the organization.
Engineers, managers, designers, writers, creators, and executers of all types will benefit from learning these principles of Agile. Whether you’re delivering a small part of a project or portfolios of large multi-million-dollar government works; these principles scale and apply to all industries to achieve delivery success. This is why companies that are embracing these principles continue to set record earnings and stock prices (e.g. AMZN, APPL, TSLA); and those that ignore them find themselves unable to compete.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners can earn up to 50 Professional Development Unit (PDU) credits, 10 PDU credits per course, which are recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PDU credits are essential to those looking to maintain certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn Scrum mechanics and how to translate other Agile frameworks such as SAFe, Disciplined, and LeSS
- Gain a deep understanding of Agile principles and how to apply them in any industry, with case studies in Software, Aerospace, Finance, and Construction
- Reduce risk of project failure by adopting agile results-based controls to close projects more effectively
- Increase speed using lean / agile work management techniques proven to deliver faster
- Improve project benefits with innovation and leadership approaches that unlock your team’s potential
- Project Manager jobs are expected to grow by 33% over next 10 years (Source: PMI.org)
- Program Project Manager income is $60k to $100k based on industry (Payscale.com)
- You can earn $10,000 more as an Agile Project Manager (Payscale.com)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.