Introduction to FinTech by University of Hong Kong
Skills Covered: FinTech, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, Digital Finance, Alternative Finance, FinTech Regulation, RegTech, Data-Driven Finance
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Emerging technology, along with massive regulatory reforms, have sparked an extraordinary transformation in finance around the world over the last decade. This mechanism is accelerating faster in China and Asia than anywhere else. This course is intended to discuss FinTech fundamentals and assist in making sense of this surge of transition as it occurs.
New entrants in banking, such as start-ups and technology companies, are posing a challenge to existing players, adding democratisation, inclusion, and disruption.
New players such as start-ups and technology firms are challenging traditional players in finance, bringing democratization, inclusion and disruption. Companies involved in social media, e-commerce, and telecommunications, as well as companies and start-ups with vast reserves of consumer data, innovative energies, and technological capabilities, have added innovation to the existing financial infrastructure and are remaking the market.
These transformations have not only created challenges but also greater opportunities, with new business and regulatory models, especially in emerging markets and developed countries. To meet these developments, 21st-century experts and students must be well-versed in the industry’s remarkable evolution. This course, established by HKU with the assistance of SuperCharger and the Centre for Finance, Technology, and Education, is intended to provide learners with the resources they need to comprehend the dynamic relationship of finance, technology, and regulation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Money and Payment, Digital Banking, and Alternative Finance are the main fields of FinTech.
- Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, AI, and Big Data are all major technical trends.
- RegTech and FinTech Regulation
- Data and defence play important roles in data-driven finance.
- Technology’s business and legal implications for the financial industry
- How are rules and RegTech used?
- Methods for assessing and examining what powers technological advancement in finance
- The effect of emerging technologies on economies, industries, businesses, and individuals
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.